Entries are closed.
Congratulations to the following artists who have been accepted to exhibit in the current exhibition –
Peter Butterworth, Laurie Collins, Vicki Combridge, David Doyle,
Graham Duell, Rudi Jass, Lawrence Marshall & Ellen Mangan,
Lucy Mceachern, Paul Stafford, Dan Thornell
Exhibition postponed until
12 – 27 February
The aim of this exhibition is to acquire one or more sculptural pieces for installation in the township of Neerim South. The Neerim District Community Bank is sponsoring a prize for $12,500. There will also be a Tarago River Cheese Company People’s Choice Award of $1000. Reflecting the theme of ‘
Neerim Bower Co Designer, Concrete Reinforcement Fabricator, Painter
Director Latrobe Regional Gallery & Latrobe Performing Arts
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. This is an exhibition of exterior sculpture to be held in the Main Street of Neerim South.
2. Artists are invited to enter pieces reflecting the theme ‘’Birds in COLOUR’’.
3. One or more exhibits will be acquired to the value of $12,500. Commission will not be deducted from acquired works.
4. The Tarago River Cheese Company People’s Choice Award of $1000 is non acquisitive.
5. A maximum of 2 entries per person.
6. Sculptures are suggested to be a minimum of 1 metre, and a maximum of 3 metres in any direction, and a maximum weight of ½ tonne.
7. The artist agrees to images, extracts from artist’s statement & CV to be used for exhibition publicity purposes.
8. Late entries will not be accepted.
9. Works proposed for acquisition will be subject to a Safety, Health and Maintenance Audit by the Baw Baw Shire Council.
10. Baw Baw Shire Council in consultation with the artist (where possible), reserves the right to repair, remove, or otherwise deal with the acquired Art Works, should they be damaged, or present a risk to the public in any way.
SELECTION TO EXHIBIT
1. Successful entries will be chosen by a selection panel, and notified. The panel’s decision is final.
2. Sculptures must be freestanding, extremely robust, and suitable to be permanently on display outdoors. Provision must be made for permanent fixing.
3. All work must be original and available for sale.
4. Artists must supply:
- Artist’s CV no longer than 2 pages
- 1 high-res image (2 – 8 MB jpeg to use for catalogue)
- 1 low-res image (less than 500KB jpeg for website) (Works in progress are acceptable with support material eg. detailed description and drawings)
- Artist’s Statement – up to 50 words (maybe abbreviated for display) Installation safety plan where applicable
5. Works considered unsafe will be ineligible.
6. The organising committee may withdraw or relocate any entry deemed unsuitable or dangerous to the public prior to, and during the exhibition, after consultation with the artist.
DELIVERY & INSTALLATION
- Sculptors are responsible for the installation and public safety of their work. Finalists are encouraged to visit Neerim South, to discuss placement and installation prior to exhibition with co-ordinators.
- The artist is responsible for delivery and associated insurance costs.
- On delivery, each exhibit must be clearly labelled with your name & phone number, title of work, medium, and sale price.
- A non-refundable fee of $35 per entry (Inc. GST) paid directly into bank account (refer to Checklist).
- NDPA will confirm entry by email when fee deposited. (within a few days)
- A commission of 25% (plus GST) will be charged on sales.
- The NDPA holds no insurance against damage or burglary of works, and advises artists to individually insure their work. Entrants agree that the organiser of the competition is not liable for any damage or theft of the artworks while they are displayed.
- Public Liability insurance is provided for the duration of the exhibition.
- Exhibition will run from 13 – 28 November
- Entries open 1 May
- Entries close 31 August Deadline extended to September 14.
- Finalists notified 15 September by email. Finalists will also be posted on website
- Delivery and installation of sculptures 8,9,10 November
- Judging 12 November
- Notification of acquisition/s by phone, 12 November. The results will also be posted on the website
- Collection and de-installation of works 29 November – 1 December, or by arrangement
CONCLUSION OF EXHIBITION
- If the artist wishes an agent to collect their work, authorisation must be in writing to the coordinators.
- Unsold works if not collected, or arrangement negotiated by 19 December, will become the property of the NDPA and used or disposed of at their discretion.
- Delivery of sold work is the joint responsibility of the artist and purchaser.
- Payment for sales to artists will be made directly into bank account within 4 weeks.
- Completed Entry Form
- Artist statement (up to 50 words)
- 2 images – 1 jpeg 2-3 MB and 1 jpeg less than 500 KB, CLEARLY LABELLED WITH NAME & TITLE•
- Installation details – safety installation plan, equipment and tools you propose to use. Time needed to install.
- $35 Entry Fee (per sculpture) – direct payment to Bank: BSB “633-000”, ACC NO “149472664”, ACC NAME “Neerim Bower”
Ref – NBA, your surname & initials
For further information please contact the co-ordinators:
Keith Graham, Christine Cochran